Official Teamspeak

Messages from staff
Wholemealcat

Official Teamspeak

Post by Wholemealcat » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:36 pm

So I've set up a TeamSpeak for players to hop in and voice what with one another. The-Wild has had public voice chats before, but this channel is now the official teamspeak for the server. They serve as a great platform for people to get to know each other and even connect with players that you might not have otherwise!

What is TeamSpeak3, and how do I join?
TeamSpeak is proprietary voice-over-Internet Protocol (VoIP) software that allows computer users to speak on a chat channel with fellow computer users, much like a telephone conference call. Anyone can join the TeamSpeak server and chat. The server is hosted in the UK.

How to join TeamSpeak:

1) Install TeamSpeak3 by clicking ( https://www.teamspeak.com/downloads ) and selecting the correct version for your operating system
2) After installation, open TeamSpeak3 and in the top left hand corner select Bookmarks > Add To Bookmarks
3) A form should appear. Enter the following information (Click here to see a picture example):
- Label: The-Wild (This is just what the server name will appear as for you.)
- Address: avenger.orgpack.com:9989
- Username: Your name

How will TeamSpeak3 work?
Users should use TeamSpeak3 at their own risk. At the same time, users are expected to be civil when chatting, because I can mute, kick and ban people! (Others also have this ability, so make sure you are nice to everyone because you never know).
The TeamSpeak will allow any player to join and chat to each other, enabling people to get to know each other and chat with people they may otherwise not have. This could be especially useful for welcoming noobs to the community. Other channels/rooms can also be created for small groups to chat to each other privately, for example if they are working on something together.
Other people use this Teamspeak who play other games. DO NOT annoy them. There are lobbies for Minecraft, use them! You can also create your own ones by right clicking blank areas and creating a channel. If someone reports to me that you joined them and were annoying them, I will ban you.

The-Wild Admins or Mods have no control over the teamspeak, do not cry to them, if they get annoyed with people moaning about it, a password will be put on the lobby so no one can use it without direct permission. All teamspeak admins and mods are chosen by me.

Any questions are welcome!
Last edited by Wholemealcat on Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: updated hostname